A letter to my guardian angel!
Your Eminence, with utmost respect, my guardian angel.
Greetings and deepest respect,
I wish to apologize for my considerable delay in writing this letter to Your Eminence.
I have long desired to write to Your Eminence for a very long time,
to express the overflowing and turbulent feelings I have for Your Eminence,
for your abundant favors upon me.
I write to you with a sense of shame at your refined and courteous manner towards me,
for it is no secret to you that I have a negative view of the assembly of angels,
nor are you unaware of the many events and situations that you, Your Eminence, have witnessed,
which are not good things and which Your Eminence should not have witnessed. I disregarded you in them as if you were not present, and I am sorry for that.
And there are other good things in which you made me a reflection of the Holy Spirit.
Now I do not know what to say.
I do not claim to always be able to distinguish between the pangs of conscience and the refinements of the Holy Spirit and the fluttering of the Your wings...
Yet I am certain that I have often recognized this gentle fluttering and your kind guidance, especially at certain times during my service as a deacon in the church.
I affirm that you are a professional—if I may say so—in the field of church praise and diaconal service.
And even your enjoyment of my husky voice, the reason for which I do not know, especially given my frequent, inappropriate use of my throat during the hymns.
Yet, your encouragement renews my confidence and dynamism.
You have saved me so many times, sir.
And I have humbled you repeatedly.
I even thought on many occasions that you might send a letter of retirement to your direct superior to relieve you of your duties as my guard and escort! Or at least a letter to replace me with someone else!
But you did not, nor did you even consider it. Your devotion to my turbulent life and my different nature makes me truly strive to gain your favor, not only because you are an intercessor above. Custom...
But because you are an extraordinary witness...
I know you will be the first person I see in my death throes...
And the first whose expression will reveal my fate...
Your presence and your unwavering resolve, sir, give me hope, motivation, and the strength to remain steadfast in these fierce battles...
Truly, my words are now accompanied by confusion...
I renew my appreciation, my pledge, and my respect for Your Eminence, O noble, refined, and most gentle sir...
And I pray that you will remain, as you have always been, a protector and guide...
And I congratulate you on Your Eminence's anniversary, the twenty-eighth of August, the day of my baptism...
Please accept my renewed greetings...
Signed/
The man you protect.
رسالة إلى ملاكي الحارس!
سماحة
السيد جزيل الاحترام / ملاكي الحارس.
تحية
طيبة و تقدير،
أود
أن اعتذر عن تأخيري الشديد في كتابة رسالتي إلي سماحتك..
إذ
أنني كنتُ أود منذ وقت طويل طويل أن اكتب إلي سماحتك..
لأُعرِبَ عن مشاعري الجياشة و المتلاطمة في أعماقي تجاه سماحتك..
تجاه
أفضالك الجزيلة علىَّ..
أكتب
إليك و خجلي يكتنفني من أسلوبك الراقي المهذب معي..
إذ
انه لا يخفى عليك نظرتي غير الايجابية تجاه مجمع الملائكة..
و
لا يخفى عليك كذلك أحداث و مواقف كثيرة كنتَ أيها السيد شاهداً عليها..
و
هي أمور غير طيبة و لم يكن ينبغي لسماحتك أن تشهدها..
تجاهلتُك
فيها و كأنك غير موجود و آسف لذلك..
و
أمور أخرى جيدة جعلتني فيها انعكاساً لروح الله القدوس..
الآن
لا اعلم ماذا أقول..
لا
ازعم أنني أستطيع دوماً الإفراز بين مناخس الضمير و تهذيبات الروح القدس و رفرفة أجنحتك..
إلا
أنني متيقن من تمييزي لأحايين كثيرة لهذه الرفرفة الرائقة و إرشاداتك الرقيقة خاصة
في أوقات معينة أثناء خدمتي شماس بالكنيسة..
أؤكد
انك محترف _ ان جاز التعبير _ في مجال خدمة التسبيح الكنسي و الشماسية..
بل
و تلذذك بنبرات صوتي الأجش الذي لستُ اعلم السبب في كونه يروق لك خاصة مع استخدامي غير السليم المتكرر لحنجرتي اثناء التسابيح..
إلا
أن تشجيعك هذا يجدد الثقة و الانطلاق..
أنقذتني
كثيراً كثيراً أيها السيد..
و
أخجلتُك مراراً..
حتى
أنني اعتقدتُ في مواقف كثيرة انك ربما ترسل خطاب تقاعد الى رئيسك المباشر لاعفائك من عملك حارساً و مرافقاً لي!!..
أو
على الأقل خطاب إبدالي بشخص آخر!!..
و
لكنك لم تفعل بل و لم تفكر أن تفعل..
إخلاصك
لحياتي الصاخبة و تركيبتي المختلفة يجعلني و بالفعل أسعى جاهداً لنيل رضاك..
ليس
لكونك فقط شفيع فوق العادة..
و
لكن لكونك شاهداً فوق العادة..
اعلم
انك ستكون أول من أراه عند السَكَرات..
و
أول من سيدلني انطباع وجهه على مصيري..
وجودك
و إصرارك أيها السيد يعطيانني الأمل و الدافع و الرجاء لاستمرار الثبات في المعارك
الطاحنة..
حقاً كلماتي يرافقها الارتباك الآن..
أجدد
تقديري و عهدي و احترامي لسماحتك أيها السيد الكريم المهذب فائق الرقة..
و
أرجو أن تظل كما كنت دوما حامياً و مرشداً..
و أهنئك بالعيد السنوي لسماحتك في الثامن و العشرين من اغسطس يوم عمادي..
و أهنئك بالعيد السنوي لسماحتك في الثامن و العشرين من اغسطس يوم عمادي..
ارجو قبول تحياتي المتجددة..
توقيع/
الإنسان
الذي تحرسه.
